Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Feldgendarmerie EKM - genuine or not?

Article about: Hello gentlemen. Any opinions on this Feldgendarmerie EKM? I´m way out of my league here... Best regards. //S

Default Feldgendarmerie EKM - genuine or not?

Hello gentlemen. Any opinions on this Feldgendarmerie EKM? I´m way out of my league here...
    Best regards.

//S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Feldgendarmerie EKM - genuine or not?   Feldgendarmerie EKM - genuine or not?  

Attached Images Attached Images Feldgendarmerie EKM - genuine or not? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Feldgendarmerie EKM - genuine or not?
    P
    Many

The unit did exist, so this ekm isn't a fantasy unit, my only reservation is the font used.

In Corps;
    Each corps (normally formed from two or more divisions) was allocated a Feldgendarmerietrupp (mot).

In Divisions;

Each division was allocated a Feldgendarmerietrupp, the type of trupp allocated depended on the type of division, e.g. infantry divisions: Feldgendarmerietrupp a (mot), panzer divisions: Feldgendarmerietrupp b (mot).

In Garrison Divisions;
    Garrison divisions: initially, no Feldgendarmerie elements were allocated but later in the war partially motorised Feldgendarmerietrupp c (teilmot.) or Feldgendarmerietrupp d (teilmot.)

In Security Divisions;
    Security divisions: none allocated, any Feldgendarmerie function would be provided by Feldgendarmerie from the local Feldkommandantur to which the security division was subordinated.

What is the story with this ekm, dealer? Where found?

Thanks a lot BlackCat, very informative! No dealer. The EKM is currently for sale on an "ordinary" auction site. The seller is not known to me, but he seems to have high credibility and he only has a very large amount of positive reviews, no negative. It´s not mentioned where it was found. Are these EKM often faked and what is your reservation about the font?
    Last edited by SweCollector; 07-20-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Sadly a glowing positive reputation does not mean the dealer is entirely trust worthy. I am suspicious of this ekm. The font looks similar to the well known Rokas font: see below.
    Feldgendarmerie EKM - genuine or not?

The unit was responsible for some atrocities in Serbia during the war, which makes it “of interest” to some. By all means wait for further opinions but the more I look at this one the less positive I am.

Very interesting! Thank you for that compilation. I think the seller might be ok, but he migth just lack the expertise to tell a genuine one from a replica (like myself).

As you mention; quite a few letters look at least a bit similar, none of the numbers appear to look similar though. Hard to tell for a layman...

?

It's 100% a fake emarke, the font says it all but the numbers are a dead giveaway for me. I say this because sadly enough I owned a couple of tags with this exact same font.

Common Fake Fonts: look here first!

Please click the link and see from post #39 onwards.

Regards, Rik

Thank´s a lot guys! I´m glad I posted the pictures here before I bought it. You just saved me quite a bit of money! What a greate forum this is, especially for us beginners..!