Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german dog tag

Article about: Hi all, I have found this (german ww2) dog tag. thear is only the greek number 6 on it? What does it mean and is it Original ww2? please help? Grts Wesley

?

Default german dog tag

Hi all,

I have found this (german ww2) dog tag.

thear is only the greek number 6 on it?

What does it mean and is it Original ww2?

please help?

Grts

Wesley

german dog taggerman dog tag

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german dog tag
    P
    Many

?

Wesley The VI is for Wehrkreise VI – Münster (Westphalia, Rhineland, and the Eupen-Malmedy district of Belgium) It was a military district.

Military district (Germany) - Wikipedia

The tag looks good to me, It also has an interesting backside with what might be the soldiers name or at least a signature

?

I agree with Eike, it appears to be an original ground dug erkennungsmarke.

Regards, Rik

Quite unusual to find one of these with a name on the back, the ekm is from a Wehrmacht recruiting depot within Wehrkreis VI. Such units were purely for the processing of recruits before assignment to their destination unit and hence onto the units roll and then issued a unit ekm. This type of erkennungsmarke was not usually seen issued implying the owner is going to the front line. The fact that not only has it got a blutgruppe stamp of O and a name would give the impression that this recruit was pressed into a fighting unit very quickly. Perhaps he was a young Hitler Youth member pressed into service towards the wars end? A nice find.