Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Id disk identification

Article about: Hello everyone. I am new here and a collector of mostly US items but have happened across this ID tag and a hat. Can anyone help me to identify what this tag was used for and to what type of

jbm
    ?

Default Id disk identification

Hello everyone. I am new here and a collector of mostly US items but have happened across this ID tag and a hat. Can anyone help me to identify what this tag was used for and to what type of unit? Thanks!
    Id disk identificationId disk identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Id disk identification
    P
    Many

Hi there.

I can't help with authentication, but it is a soldiers id disk (erkennungmarke).

The markings show the soldiers roll number (6806) and the unit he was with when issued the tag. In this case SS-Flak. E. Rgt = SS Flak Ersatz Regiment (SS Flak Replacement Regiment). Then on the other side you see Waffen SS and A. A is the soldiers blood type.

The regiment didn't have a number, it was the SS-Flak Ersatz (Replacement) Regiment. So it was a unit that trained replacements to be sent to the various SS-Flak abteilungen.

SS FLAK E RGT - HELP!!! - Axis History Forum

Kind regards,

Will.

I’ve seen other variations of this unit but using different fonts, but only recently Schlender Antiques sold one with a very similar rollnummer to this one.

I don’t have one to compare, the chalk used to visualise the text is a slight nuisance. The SS ekm May opine shortly.

It’s a good disc, from a unit formed in January of 1943. The unit changed to a ausbildung and ersatz regiment in May of 1943, so your tag was issued sometime between January and May.

jbm
    ?

Thank you for this information.

jbm
    ?

Thank you for this information. I do not believe that is chalk in the disk, I do think it is just corrosion of the metal perhaps.