Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting SS erkennungsmarke

Article about: SS Panzer Grenadier Ersatz Battalion 11, which I assume was the replacement unit for 11th SS Nordland Division. The “ausbildungs” appears to be xxx’ed out, and another ausbildungs comp

Default Interesting SS erkennungsmarke

SS Panzer Grenadier Ersatz Battalion 11, which I assume was the replacement unit for 11th SS Nordland Division. The “ausbildungs” appears to be xxx’ed out, and another ausbildungs company stamped below. Any comments are welcome!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting SS erkennungsmarke  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting SS erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

?

The thing that caught my eye on this emarke is the font of the numbers. I have been comparing them with other known fake numbers in the fake font thread and I think they match with the numbers in that thread, so for me it is a thumbs down.

Regards, Rik

Not sure why it would be stamped this way when they are usually stamped A u E Btl. I don't favour this one either.

Thank you for your input. I’ve found two other tags, with the same format. I think they are legitimate discs, I can’t think of a reason for a faker to make several of these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting SS erkennungsmarke   Interesting SS erkennungsmarke  

?

I've been going through the fake font threads again and I must admit it is a tough one. The numbers match really close to the fake fonts, but then again it also looks like I can see little differences between them. I am really split now and don't want to give you the wrong advice here.

I am looking forward for one of the others to help out, as I am curious about your example and it will also help me in gaining more knowlegde.

If they are all coming from the same location then it might be a sign that the 5 Kompanie marked their ekm in this fashion.

Jan
    ?

Combined the pictures so that they are easier to compare.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting SS erkennungsmarke   Interesting SS erkennungsmarke  

Interesting SS erkennungsmarke  

Nice and original brand!
    The devaluation came from the renaming of the unit.