Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

L/flak regt h. Göring

Article about: Good morning! Can I get some of your very helpful opinions to this ID-Disc. I intend do buy it but I'm not sure. I think it's original. EKM, Erkennungsmarke Luftwaffe: FLAK REGT HG 2.BATTERI

Default L/flak regt h. Göring

Good morning!

Can I get some of your very helpful opinions to this ID-Disc. I intend do buy it but I'm not sure. I think it's original.

EKM, Erkennungsmarke Luftwaffe: FLAK REGT HG 2.BATTERIE, Alu-Ausführung, TOP | eBay

Greetings

Tiger IV

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L/flak regt h. Göring
    P
    Many

?

Yeah, that's a bit weird to be fake LOL I'd take a chance on it simply because it has such a unique text stamp- and it's just a Flak unit, which isn't super valuable, even if it is HG. I don't see anything suspicious about it, and what's there actually looks perfectly normal.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Here is the picture in case the link goes away. (Which it eventually will.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture L/flak regt h. Göring  

?

Good call Roger- I should have thought of that LOL

Notice how the text stamp is all the fixed elements:

'I./FLAK REGT H. GöRING
    BATTERIE'

And the Batterie number is added in separately (notice how it's not in line, and angled slightly) since it's the variable- i.e., pre-stamped discs can be used for any of the Batterien in the I. Abteilung. It's also neat to note that the full text block stamp was hand-made; notice how the two 'G's in 'GöRING' are slightly different; if this were a modern computer-driven milling machine-made stamp, all the duplicate letters would be identical (unless the faker decides to be unbelievably clever LOL).

Thanks for your help friends. If I understood everything right you think also the ID-Disc is original?

@MattL
    What can I pay for it (Value)?

Greetings

Chris

?

Correct. And sorry, I have no idea- I've not seen what any HG discs are selling for, let alone a Flak one. It's worth what you'd be willing to pay for it LOL

A very wise advice...:-)

?

Tiger, I have seen other HG Flak disks for sale around 100 euro I don't know what they are worth and I did not buy them at that price. Good luck!

Sold for 151 EUR!!! That's crazy...

?

Wow- that's crazy indeed. Someone clearly didn't realize there were a LOT of HG units; a whole Divison's worth and more- and they weren't Fallschirmjäger LOL They're not even really rare- I've seen lots of HG discs over the years. This one's nice, but it's just Flak- not even an HG Panzer unit or anything...