Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luftlande Sturm Regiment 1 Erkennungsmarke 62818 Fallschirmjäger

Article about: Today i want to show you my dog tag from Sturmregiment 1. This tag was found in the ground of crete, the Sturmregiment fought there. Unfortunately its only a half, but very rare.

Default Luftlande Sturm Regiment 1 Erkennungsmarke 62818 Fallschirmjäger

Today i want to show you my dog tag from Sturmregiment 1. This tag was found in the ground of crete, the Sturmregiment fought there. Unfortunately its only a half, but very rare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftlande Sturm Regiment 1 Erkennungsmarke 62818 Fallschirmjäger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftlande Sturm Regiment 1 Erkennungsmarke 62818 Fallschirmjäger
    P
    Many

Its a rare find from Crete and from an elite Airborne unit with a charismatic officer corp. A very nice addition in any Ekm collection and personally more than equal to any Waffen SS example.

Mob nummer 62818 Stab II./L.L.Sturm-Regiment 1, a cursory look at casualties on Ancestry to this unit, not a quick job brought no results.

If this is a fresh find from Kreta then its find location might help pin down the unit and perhaps even the owner, assuming he was a casualty.

Sturm Regiment 1 and the Fallschirmjäger arm in general suffered egregious losses for Kreta.
    Last edited by BlackCat1982; 10-16-2020 at 03:52 PM. Reason: additions

?

thanks for posting it.

The token was found in this area, the best: without any detectors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftlande Sturm Regiment 1 Erkennungsmarke 62818 Fallschirmjäger  

?

I think the Erkennungsmârke you âre showing is not from the LL-Sturm-Rgt 1. This Erkennungsmârke cân only be from the II. Stâb FJR 5 or I. Stâb FJR 7. Neither of them fought in Crete. These units were deployed in Âfrica / Itâly. However, it is possible thât the soldier wâs trânsferred to ânother unit thât fought on Crete. Â very nice Erkennungsmârke. I like to show one of the L.L. Sturm Regiment ând ânother from FJR 6. All hâve the sâme MOB number.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftlande Sturm Regiment 1 Erkennungsmarke 62818 Fallschirmjäger   Luftlande Sturm Regiment 1 Erkennungsmarke 62818 Fallschirmjäger  

Here is what I found,

MOB-Nummer : 62818
    Stab II./L.L.Sturm-Regiment 1
    Stab II/Sturm-Regiment 1 (auch ohne Nummer)
    Stab II/Fallschirmjäger Regiment 5
    Stab/Kampfgruppe Hübner
    Stab I./Fallschirmjäger Regiment 6 (auch Bataillon Arzt)
    Stab I./Fallschirmjäger Regiment 7