Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe tag?

Article about: No, I wasn't able to find any reasonable 'translation' of that abbreviation; the unit listing is very short and simply mentions 4 Batterien and that's it. And it's K. A. ST. , not K. A. S. T

?

No, I wasn't able to find any reasonable 'translation' of that abbreviation; the unit listing is very short and simply mentions 4 Batterien and that's it. And it's K. A. ST. , not K. A. S. T. so it's presumably 3 words, not 4, with the third word starting with 'St...', which is likely Staffel or maybe Stab- but I couldn't find anything that fit. Maybe the KStN for a Flak E. Abt. will help- you'd have to look around for it though.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe tag?
    P
    Many

?

Could it stand for Küsten Artillerie Stab prehaps?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

?

Well when you look at abbreviation meanings, they have to work with the unit type; this is a regular flak replacement unit, and it was stationed in Wolfenbüttel, Sachsen, which is nearly in the middle of Germany- nowhere near a coast- and as I say the unit listing doesn't mention anything special like costal defense. It has to be a normal part of the unit, not anything to do with where the soldier eventually went (so Norway having a LOT of coast doesn't make a difference or anything), so has to apply to a regular flak unit in some way. That's why I suggested the KStN might show some typical element- part of the supply or baggage train maybe?- that might work. It's not really all that important anyway since it's part of the replcacement unit and has no bearing on what the soldier did in the war.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2