Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MKK ekm

Article about: My most precious possession. Because every time I look at it, I'm reminded of its transience. And what Mother Earth and Father Time does under the right circumstances. Imagine if all those W

?

Militärisches Kasernen Kommando? is what I’ve seen it noted as on one occasion. Info about the military barracks seems to be scarce besides for the flak-kaserne in Ludwigsburg. I think this is definitely a good possibility as well. The answer is from our member Witt.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MKK ekm
    P
    Many

?

I could see either being the true meaning although I have yet to find definitive proof that identifies the correct one. Neither are found in any lists of abbreviations I have looked at including the list of abbreviations used by the WASt, Deutschen Dienststelle, and the Krankenbuchlagers; nor the 1943 document of abbreviations translated by the US MIS.
    Across the internet so far, I have seen it twice suggested as “Militär Kreis Kommandantur” and twice suggested as “Militärisches Kasernen Kommando”. One example of the latter is seen in the Soldbuch, Wehrpaß, & Erkennungs Abbreviations section of the reference gallery of the GermanDaggers site. I would say its presence there is the most conclusive entry of either option I have seen, but who knows the source that this came from. The other times either was seen was in response to inquiries the same as yours. I have seen images of maybe 6-7 other ekm’s stamped for other flak kasernen during my light search and none expanded on the meaning of the text.

Ben

?

Many thanks for your answer. And reporting your insights. They are absolutely valid arguments. Thank you Ben. Wkr Pat

?

German is also not my native language. I understand the German language well and can also write it. But maybe in cases like this it is easier for a German or an Austrian person to judge which of the 2 possibilities might sound more logical.Maybe our member Austrian sees this and has an opinion about it?

I feel not confortable with any of the suggested meanings, but unfortunately I have no better idea.
    Hopefully matching documents will be discovered one day.

?

MKK ekm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2