Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My ekm fragments

Article about: Hello guys, I show you my ekm fragments found with my metal detector. Is it possible that the last two fragments are of the same ekm?

Fra
    ?

Yes ... it's Italian.
    it should be mod. 1892, it was usually written with indelible ink while that is printed. I am attaching a photo of a similar one always found by me written with indelible ink and one purchased a few days ago ..... mod. 1932
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My ekm fragments   My ekm fragments  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My ekm fragments
    P
    Many

?

Very interesting tags! It is good to see the two types together so you can clearly see the differences in both models. I really like them.
    Thanks you very much for the info.

Have you managed to find out anything about the owners of the Italian tags?

Fra
    ?

Hi blackcat,
    i did a little research on both. In the first dog tag i cannot understand the year of birth, and going to insert his name and surname in the database of the deceased and missing of the ww2, there is a man who died in Greece in 1944 but the birthplace is not coincides with its military district written on the dog tag, also the p.o.w. where i found the dog tag has been active since June 1945, so i rule out that he is dead. In the second dog tag the data is all visible, so i was able to find more information. He was an artillery complement officer and received a war merit cross. In a 1960 document i learned that he worked as a clerk or secretary for the judiciary. He married and had two children.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2