Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinion about this SS erkennungsmarke

Article about: Hello! I want to know if this erkennungsmarke is fake, and if is original some info aboute regiment and division. Thx!

Quote by Eike41 View Post
    I do not like how the tag is stamped, it roughly translates to: "SS panzer grenadier training and replacement battalion number 2, Stamm company, roll number 2248". I am not a fan of the SS runes and the way they are over stamped on both sides. There are a lot of missing letters in this stamp set. The letter G the letter S and the small r are all created from other stamps. It just looks poorly done. All of that said the unit existed SS-Panzergrenadier-Ausbildungs- und Ersatz-Bataillon 2 and itmay be fine, I just do not get why it is done so poorly.
    To go more into detail about the letters:

"Nr. 2243" was added later as a second step, I am even pretty sure also the first number 2 for the Bataillon was added during the second step. On my specimen the space between BTL. and STAMM is way too big.
    "G" and "S" are from the same letters like the others, but just more wasted. (first row "N" is by the way also very good used/gone)
    No "C" goes up to three o clock and look at the "S" right above closely. The linking line is still poorly visible.
    So only "Nr" are from an other set of letters. Numbers of course are the same stamps.

The more often you look, the more details will appear.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion about this SS erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2