Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

P.O.W EKM query

Article about: Hi I was hoping someone would be able to help with a query I have. I have a Stalag IVB, Muhlberg EKM issued to Private Jame K. Brymer of the Royal Army Service Corps along with a circular di

Default P.O.W EKM query

Hi

I was hoping someone would be able to help with a query I have. I have a Stalag IVB, Muhlberg EKM issued to Private Jame K. Brymer of the Royal Army Service Corps along with a circular disc stamped with the same ID number. Is anyone able to shed any light on what the circular disc was for as I have not been able to find any information on similar examples.

Regards
    GenghisP.O.W EKM query

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement P.O.W EKM query
    P
    Many

I have seen tags like this from camps which were labour camps . They were used like miners tallies, if you are going down the mine you give your tally to the winch man. If he was working in some sort of factory they would have used the same sort of system to know if the worker was still on the premises . If you can google or track down the logo it will tell you which company it was for......paul.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for the answer. Now gives me something to do tracking down the company.

My first thought was that the round disc with the DR motif stands for Deutsches Reichbahn, the German railway service.