Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Rare relic Erkennungsmarke: Legion Freies Indien

Article about: Yesterday i found a really nice EKM relic. which belonged to one of the 1500 Indian soldiers stationed in Zandvoort (Holland) Legion Freies Indien shield. Enjoy! Zandvoort (Holland) May 1943

?

I have searched Zandvoort for years. Many many nights. We were also the first to open the bunkers that were closed immediately after the war. Many positions contained these types of troops.(indian russian Georgion) I found many mosin nagant shells in these positions, including mas and lebel ammunition.In zandvoort and also in the hageu in the dunes there where many ss 7.92 x 57 casings to be found.(in mint condition) The topenkopf division had practiced there, in 1940.I found between these ss casings that where shoot with a zb 26 many casing dwm made for the spanish civil war.The totenkopf was later deployed in Russia and went down in Demjansk.well the troops were severely thinned out. There they also find those SS shells.Rare relic Erkennungsmarke: Legion Freies IndienRare relic Erkennungsmarke: Legion Freies IndienRare relic Erkennungsmarke: Legion Freies Indien A food can lid from Russia. Filled with concrete from the Atlantic Wall .Found in Zandvoort.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare relic Erkennungsmarke: Legion Freies Indien
    P
    Many

Daarom... Thanks for posting that. I have see the Indian troops in photos but always with German arms and bayonets....Paul.

?

A lot of heavy weapons had been captured earlier in the war (beutewaffe). You could find the strangest parts. French Polish Russian Dutch Greek Danish ect. At the beginning of the war there were actually no defenses. Only the kriegsmarine built very early in the war.Defences were built on a large scale from 1942. The occupation of these strongpoints varied enormously.In the beginning, the same divisions were located there for a long time, but as the war lasted longer, they were often deployed elsewhere. Sometimes it was a coming and going of troops, good divisions had to rebuild their strength after losses on the Eastern Front. Many Kriegsmarine strongpoints were occupied by the same troops from start to finish.Old men were often in a position for a long time. Also sick troops.(magenkranke)The stomach patient troops (gastric patients) but later in the war they were still used.(eastern front) Late in the war the There were often also child soldiers Fallschirmjagers in the positions. And many positions were no longer fully occupied.Most of the weapons were related to the defenses and not to the men. Later in the war that changed again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3