Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS Bewährungsabteilung

Article about: Here is another old find of mine. Bewährungsabteilung SS Strafvollzugslager Danzig-Matzkau Some infos: Danzig-Matzkau prison camp

Default SS Bewährungsabteilung

Here is another old find of mine.

Bewährungsabteilung SS Strafvollzugslager Danzig-Matzkau

Some infos: Danzig-Matzkau prison camp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Bewährungsabteilung  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Bewährungsabteilung
    P
    Many

?

Really interesting. I've never seen one tag like this! I put the pic in my data-base.

I agree with Prinz, thank you sharing it with us.

I had a search and found some information.

Here is how Danzig-Matzkau Looked in 1944.
    SS-Strafvollzugslager Danzig-Matzkau - Axis History Forum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Bewährungsabteilung  

This thread talks about a book on the subject - Strafvollzugslager der SS- und Polizei: Himmler's Wartime Institutions for the Detention of Waffen-SS and Polizei Criminals.

This book is about a very dark side of the Waffen-SS. It covers in great detail the judiciary system of the SS with its many prisons and jails throughout Europe where soldiers and police officials were sent for offenses ranging from the most trivial infractions such as being AWOL for a few hours or drunkenness through more serious crimes like homosexuality, murder or desertion. This book highlights the strictness of German society at the time where severe punishment was meted out for minor offenses like telephone pranks where a drunken police officer telephoned an unpopular Party official and the local hospital and then conferenced the two parties together.

Strafvollzugslager der SS- und Polizei - Feldgrau.net

Thanks for the link!
    I didn't knew this book and now it's already on my buying list.

No problem Austrian and thank you for sharing such an interesting piece of history with us.