Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS erkennungsmarken

Article about: These were supposedly dug in Slovenia and Austria. Is there a possibility that the same unit had different types of font for the erkennungsmarken? I would like to hear your oppinion if they

?

Default SS erkennungsmarken

These were supposedly dug in Slovenia and Austria. Is there a possibility that the same unit had different types of font for the erkennungsmarken? I would like to hear your oppinion if they are original or not?

1st:
    SS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarken

2nd:
    SS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarken

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

3rd:

SS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarken

4th:
    SS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarken

?

I had a look at these examples and I do not like any of them. I am very suspicious of the font on these emarken. If you take the time to have a look at the two fake erkennungsmarken threads you will see multiple emarken I have posted for reference, they have the same font as the ones you have here.

Regards, Rik

?

Thank you! I already looked at those topics, but it seems I don't have the eye for it :/
    If there is doubt about their originality I will send them bach to the seller.

?

I will advice to wait for more opinions. Even though I am very sure about what I see, it is better to wait for our other erkennungsmarken collectors to have a look at them.

?

SS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarkenSS erkennungsmarken

These are all examples with the same font and all are fake.

?

Thank you, I see the similarity now! Two more questions for my curriosity. What is the sign that those are fake? And where do they make them? Poland?

I agree with Rik, these look bad. Not only is the Prinz Eugen ekm very suspect, bad font/layout and tell tale crud in the snap lines - which doesn't mean its from the ground it means its been acid aged and then sand dried out. The similarity in fonts is also a bad sign. There are many more fakes about nowadays sadly as more people get interested in collecting them.

?

Thank you!! So, back to the seller they go.