Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

State Kripo disc

Article about: Hi all , this disc is part of a small collection that i recently acquired. I sent the pics to Don Bible and he thinks - "This appears to me to be a nice original State Kripo disc that h

?

Default State Kripo disc

Hi all , this disc is part of a small collection that i recently acquired.
    I sent the pics to Don Bible and he thinks -

"This appears to me to be a nice original State Kripo disc that has been "deNazified", probably for use in the British Sector of post-war Germany"

I just wondered what opinions anyone else had on it ?

I also have other badges/medals that I will post in the correct forum to ask about them.

Cheers , Bedlam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture State Kripo disc   State Kripo disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement State Kripo disc
    P
    Many

?

updated reply from Don -

I think I must have been asleep when I sent you the first email. I was so occupied with closely observing the obverse side that I actually "REVERSED IN MY OWN MIND" just what I was looking at. I was looking closely trying to see if there was any evidence of the disc being counterfeit...and actually spent most of the time examining the eagle and wreath...as that is the side that usually gives the piece away as being a fake.

It showed some signs of slight wear on the surface of the wreath and eagle, indicating it may have been carried at some point...but I could see it was an original.

In more than 30 years of examining Third Reich era German police discs, I can't recall ever seeing UNTIL NOW...an unissued original disc.

Now that I have had a second chance to closely examine BOTH sides...I don't think there is any question that it is AN UNISSUED DISC.

Hello,

I don't know Mr Bible, but he is wrong two times.

Most likely the owner of the disc grinded out the number to hide a connection to him.
    Beside the clear signs of wear also the line under the number was raised on the blank. This line is not to see here.
    Have a closer look. Unfortunately the photos are too bad.

Best regards,
    Austrian

I agree with Austrian, it’s not clear from the picture if there was ever a raised line underneath where the number would be. The material it is made of looks similar to originals but more detailed pictures would be needed to make a definitive call on it.

?

some more detailed pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture State Kripo disc   State Kripo disc  

?

It is a part of this small collection I was given

If anyone needs any more photos of any part of the items please say.

Just trying to find out if it good or fake .

It is strange that there is no cast line for the number and I can't think of any reason to grind off

the number/line and not the swastika to de-nazify it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture State Kripo disc  

For me it is clearly a worn disc with the number removed.
    The signs of grinding are better to see on the additional photo.
    The numbers were not stamped very deeply at this discs.

As mentioned, the connection to the owner was destroyed by removing the number. Thats the only reason.
    Perhaps the owner feared punishment at the end of the war, removed the number and hide the disc then.
    We don't know it, but it make more sense than an unissued disc with clear sgins of wear and missing line. ;-)

In any case, for me it's a good one too.
    Attached some quick photos of my own excavation find for comparison.
    I did no cleaning. Only a little bit oiling for better look.

State Kripo disc  

If in fact the number was ground off the area that would of had the number would show a light depression since the numbers were stamped inward.

Is there any signs of that part of the disk beneath the wording that seems to be a little bit lower than the rest of the disk ?
    I do not collect these ..but knowing grinding observations from collecting and studying SA daggers ..the results would be the same.
    I cant see the disk being returned to have that area resurfaced ..since it is so small and if it was returned ...surely there would be a reissue of another one.

Check that area to see if the numbered area shows signs of depression.
    It just might very well be an unissued disk.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for all your thoughts , attached is a couple of new photos.

I just wish it had a number on it , would be less of a mystery as I can see no obvious evidence of grinding .

Maybe this will just remain a mystery