Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tag from Russia

Article about: Another tag on a POW type tag. Do you think this is real?.....thanks paul.

Default Tag from Russia

Another tag on a POW type tag. Do you think this is real?.....thanks paul.Tag from RussiaTag from Russia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tag from Russia
    P
    Many

?

It is hard to give an opinion on this one. I can't enlarge the photos so I can not see the stamping clear enough.

?

Not a good enough photo

Not clear pictures but as it appears to have a blood group marking I don't think this is a PW tag.

I cant get the pic any clearer but this is the inscription 1.Stammkp. IGJEBt 1.137. 15041. The guy who has the tag is in Russia, but there is a note on his page that it came from Austria he thinks.... paul.

?

Well, that inscription makes it clear it is not a pow emarke. Do you have a link to that website so I can have a look there?

?

So, other tags from that unit are all oval. I have several, it may be a good tag but it would have been made in the field. I myself would not buy it without significant provenance.

The Stamm Kompanie is the cadre around which units are formed. So I'm at a loss to see why it would be marked as 1 Stamm? I would personally pass on it.