Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI tag

Article about: I was given a WWI tag as an Xmas present. I am finding it difficult to ID the unit. The full unit description is Bekr De Ers Ldw Batl 110 No=29. I think Bekr De would be the abbreviation for

Default WWI tag

I was given a WWI tag as an Xmas present. I am finding it difficult to ID the unit. The full unit description is Bekr De Ers Ldw Batl 110 No=29. I think Bekr De would be the abbreviation for the commander who raised the unit. Ldw is Landwehr Battalion 110 (the 110 looks like its over stamped 111) cant find a reference to 110 or 111. could someone point me in the right direction please. is there a site for WWI tags?...... thanks Paul.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI tag
    P
    Many

?

The way I see it Bekr will possibly be Rekr and that makes me think of the following:
    Rekruten Depot Ersatz Landwehr Bataillon 110.

A lot of text but looks to be the Rekruten Depot from the Ersatz bataillon of Landwehr Infanterie Regiment 110. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Here is a link:

LIR 110 – GenWiki

Regards, Rik

Rik.... I think you are right, there is a very faint line which now looking at it looks like a sarif to the letter R and not a B. I will photograph it later and post just for interest. Thank you

WWI tag

So No 29 is that 29th company? Hermann is from Kirchhofen which is in the area of Alsace, close to where the unit 111 and 110 were fighting. If I have this right he would have been a member of the training staff for the recruits of either 111 or 110 29th company. Is Batl the right abbreviation for Battalion. This is my first 1915 type tag so really want it to be right. Yet again Rik thank you for pointing me in the right direction, even if I have not got there yet! ..... Paul.
    Last edited by timeout; 12-26-2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: same pic twice

29 is his rollnummer. No trace of him being a casualty, although there was a Hermann Dischinger wounded in 1914 it isn't the same man.

blackcat ... Please can you tell me where do you get the casualty list from...

?

I think BC might looked it up via the Gräbersuche Online on volksbund.de. Not 100% sure about this but it is what I use to see if a certain soldier is listed as a casualty.

Actually on this occasion Ancestry and Verlustlisten 1. Weltkrieg.