Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

91st Aero squadron fabric

Article about: by Chris L I wanted to share this amazing find with the group here. This isnt mine, but the owner said I could show it to everyone on the forum, and relate its history. Straight out of the w

Default Re: 91st Aero squadron fabric

Quote by Chris L View Post
    I wanted to share this amazing find with the group here. This isnt mine, but the owner said I could show it to everyone on the forum, and relate its history.

Straight out of the woodwork 91st Aero Squadron (Observation) panel. When saying, "out of the woodwork, I am not kidding". The panel was found by an art dealer, at an estate sale. The panel was sitting in the owner's garage if I have my facts straight.

The panel was then sold to my friend (for a modest price increase ) who begain to research the panel. Note the Knight has a pair 'o dice in the shield, rather than it being blank or having a 91 in it.

Photos follow
    Chris,
    Exceptional fabric. surely one of a kind. Would indeed look very nice hanging on your wall. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Terry

Major Morris,

Happy 4th of July, Sir! - I want to personnally thanlk you for your service to our country. - Our founding fathers and folks like yourself make this a special day.

Thank You, your friend,

Dennis Jackson

Quote by Belleauwood View Post
    Major Morris,

Happy 4th of July, Sir! - I want to personnally thanlk you for your service to our country. - Our founding fathers and folks like yourself make this a special day.

Thank You, your friend,

Dennis Jackson
    Dennis,
    Thanks for the kind remarks, I am most humbled. I feel honored to find myself in the company of so many fine military historians that frequent this forum. Its only through the sacrifice of millions of dedicated men and women that have served this wonderful country that we can celebrate this day to honor those that gave everything to create this nation.

The attached pic are the flags that fly in my front yard, and will do so as long as I am around.
    Terry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 91st Aero squadron fabric  

LOVE the flags Terry!! Especially the way you also fly the Colonial one.

evvcook
    ?

Any chance it could be for sale. He is my grandfather and I am his namesake. You are correct(thread below) about the dice referring to his girlfriend Phoebe who later became his wife (my grandmother).

--Everett R.Cook II

FrederickFerrer
    ?

Gentlemen,

A shot in the dark here.... I was assigned to the 91st Squadron when it was an intelligence unit at the NSA. It is now a Network Warfare Squadron in San Antonio, Texas but "in the fight" in cyberspace operations. The unit is celebrating its 100TH BIRTHDAY this August. Would love to learn more about that panel....and make contact with whomever owns it. Would also love to make contact with LT Cook's grandson! How great would it be to have a relative (and namesake) of one of our first Commanders at this momentous occasion!

Please contact me at (717) 818-7707.

Thanks,
    Fred F.
    91st Squadron Historian Emeritus

FrederickFerrer
    ?

Any chance you could contact me.....I am a former active-duty Historian for the 91st Squadron.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2