Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Aviation History & Research Resources

Article about: Here are some sources of information that I have found helpful in my studies relating to aviation. Simply click on each underlined URL in light blue below each header to take you to that par

Exclamation Aviation History & Research Resources

Here are some sources of information that I have found helpful in my studies relating to aviation.

Simply click on each underlined URL in light blue below each header to take you to that particular site, no need to cut and paste.

Please feel free to add any links to sites that you feel may assist us in our research on anything aviation related.

Gorrell's History of the US Air Service in the AEF

Keyword: Gorrell's - Footnote Search

American Aviators of WWI

American WWI Air Force

Aviation Wings and Badges of WWII - Bob Schwartz

Aviation Wings and Badges of WW2 - World War I Wings

Aviation Wings and Badges of World War 2

Find A Grave

Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records

Kaiser's Bunker - USAS, RFC, RCAF, Imperial German Aviation

Kaiser's Bunker

Google Books: New England Aviators Vol. 1

New England aviators 1914-1918 ... - Google Books

Collection of Allied and Central Powers aviation artifacts

The Aero Conservancy

You have got to see this site...

The Vintage Aviator | Constructors Of Military Aircraft

German Air Service Profiles

Profile List

WWI Site Links & Search Engines

The Great War Society's Learning and Research Center

Vietnam War Aviation - 240th AHC

Mad Dogs, Greyhounds, and Kennel Keepers
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Early Aviation Reference Books

Here are two books that no serious aviation collector should be without:

'Aviation Badges And Insignia of the United States Army 1913-1946'

J. Duncan Campbell - Library of Congress Catalog Card 77-136 - Soft cover, 103 pages, black and white, illustrated.

This book is out of print, but it can still be found on ebay and other online sources.

Regarded as one of the first and best sources for aviation wing collectors. A lot of good material here.

'United States Army Air Service Wing Badges-Uniforms And Insignia 1913-1918'

This fine book was authored by forum member Hawk3370.

Terry R. Morris, Major, USA Ret, - ISBN 1-888722-06-1 - Hard cover, 128 pages, color and black and white, illustrated.

Great reference with over 70 wings displayed, as well as many collar insignia and sleeve insignia. This book is out of print but can sometimes be found through the on-line book sellers. It also may be available from the publisher: Scott A. Duff Publications at http://www.scott-duff.com/Books.htm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aviation History & Research Resources  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Aviation History & Research Resources

Supplementary Volume to the Great War History

~ LIST OF ALL AERO SQUADRONS AND BALLOON OBSERVATION COMPANIES WHICH SERVED~

The Great war: a pictorial history ... - Google Books

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Great Photos and History from Pioneer to Golden Age Aircraft

Holcomb's Aerodrome

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Fighter Pilot "Ace" List - WWI - Middle East Conflicts

Fighter Pilot Aces List

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Before I even attempt any of my poor picture taking does anyone think there is a chance of identifying what I was told some 30+ years ago was a windshield for a fighter and I'm sure it is? It is intact. The shape would be what it should be if it sat on the front of a plane. I can't remember the plane or what countries flag it belonged to. I'm sure it was WW2 because it came from the same brothers that I have most of my things from, although given to my father first.

No numbers on it that I can see.

?

A nice web resource suppliers to the British Aircraft Industry 1939.

1939 Suppliers to the Aircraft Industry

Gary J.