Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Beautiful... and dangerous!

Article about: During the World War II many women piloted fighter planes or bombers, is transporting them from the factories to the front line or in combat. I share with you an extensive and fantastic coll

Default Beautiful... and dangerous!

During the World War II many women piloted fighter planes or bombers, is transporting them from the factories to the front line or in combat. I share with you an extensive and fantastic collection of photos that show some these brave and beautiful women in action. You can find the images by visiting the link below:

Avia

Best Regards!

Am I the only person here who who has concerns regarding the actual ownership of the intellectual property rights of some or all of the photographs that Pampa14 posts here on a very regular basis, and the potential copyright infringement that goes with them?? I am aware of the "Fair use" laws in certain countries, but this does not apply to all.

Let's be honest, how many members here take offence when their own original prints are re-published without prior permission by other parties, sometimes for monetary gain??

Let's here it.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

The Air Transport Auxiliary employed 168 female pilots during the Second World War, Duties included ferrying planes from factories to military airfields and piloting air ambulances. Among the planes transported were Spitfire and Hurricane fighters and the huge Lancaster bomber. Although the majority of pilots were British, they also came from the US, Australia and Poland among others.
    Dubbed the 'Attagirls' by their male comrades, the 168-strong squadron was based at RAF Hamble in Hampshire and RAF Cosford in Shropshire, and were trained to fly 38 types of aircraft.

A group of British and American fliers pictured at White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire, in 1942

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    The Air Transport Auxiliary employed 168 female pilots during the Second World War, Duties included ferrying planes from factories to military airfields and piloting air ambulances. Among the planes transported were Spitfire and Hurricane fighters and the huge Lancaster bomber. Although the majority of pilots were British, they also came from the US, Australia and Poland among others.
    Dubbed the 'Attagirls' by their male comrades, the 168-strong squadron was based at RAF Hamble in Hampshire and RAF Cosford in Shropshire, and were trained to fly 38 types of aircraft.

A group of British and American fliers pictured at White Waltham Airfield, Berkshire, in 1942
    What a unique reply, thanks.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.