Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Book - 'A Higher Call'

Article about: This was advertised in this months 'Britain At War' magazine It looks like a good read! A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II:

Default Book - 'A Higher Call'

This was advertised in this months 'Britain At War' magazine

It looks like a good read!

A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II: Amazon.co.uk: Adam Makos, Larry Alexander: Books

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Book - 'A Higher Call' 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Book - 'A Higher Call'

they became friends after the war and both died within months of each other.

Guys!!! You have to read this!!

I am over half way through and I just cant put it down!

Superbly researched and well written , an absolute delight!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Just done a buy it now on fleabay £10 (yeah i'm a cheap sod) looking foreward to reading it!....

You wont be disappointed mate!!!

Nick

Should be with me midweek it never fails to amaze me how some of those B 17s got back as they really were a flying colander!....

?

I saw the YouTube video on this and I was amazed. I know that there was a bit more gallantry in the air but this story is wonderful. I think I'll be keeping an eye out for the book now as you chaps recommend it!

The book arrived yesterday and i'm about half way through it, as said above "Guys!!! You have to read this!!"