Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

"Dallas" Style Wing at Auction

Article about: Hi all, I found this wing last night while searching around a prominent auction site. Personally, I think that this is a legitimate wing in which the original backing has rotted away. I see

Arrow "Dallas" Style Wing at Auction

Hi all,

I found this wing last night while searching around a prominent auction site. Personally, I think that this is a legitimate wing in which the original backing has rotted away. I see all of the traits that I look for in determining originality. There is no evidence of casting, the upper wing beading extends past each wing tip and the beads are evenly spaced, the "US" is in gold, the detail is of high quality and the construction and hardware look spot on to me. It will be interesting to see how much this one goes for.

My opinion is also that this may be a product of B.B & B. as the cuts in between each feather extend fairly high into each wing.
    Your thoughts...agree or disagree about its legitimacy? Please feel free to post your take on this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Dallas" Style Wing at Auction   "Dallas" Style Wing at Auction  

"Dallas" Style Wing at Auction   "Dallas" Style Wing at Auction  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: "Dallas" Style Wing at Auction

Steve-
    I would agree with you-looks legit to me. How much did it go for?
    -C

18 hours left, and currently at $367.00... Considering the condition, I would guess that it will probably sell in the $750.00 - 850.00 range....we'll see.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

This is one of the very few I've seen that actually look symmetrical
    and detailed enough to be legit, Steve.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Steve,,,which auction is this featured in?....i would like to watch the bidding to see how high it goes....Thanks,Robert

Quote by militarymania View Post
    Hi Steve,,,which auction is this featured in?....i would like to watch the bidding to see how high it goes....Thanks,Robert
    Hi Robert,

The auction ended today. The winning bid amount was $765.15.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]