Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges

Article about: Here is another fake Bavarian Observer badge, but not a very good one. The fixtures on the rear are modern, and the overall detail of the badge is poor. The crown is ill-proportioned and the

Quote by ccj View Post
    Wonder why the thread died...

Your imperial converted to Bavarian interests me. I can't say it's real however...
    I don't know if its period or recent, that being said one company Godat & Sohn did produce a Bavarian pilot badge during the war by using the same standard die for the badge but eliminating the imperial crown and replacing it with a Bavarian crown which was applied separately. That variation is exactly the same as this and the pin and hinge is one style that represents that that Godat & Sohn used. As stated earlier in this thread WW1 Imperial flight badges is a mine field that one should tread lightly.

Terry

Hey Steven M., your the man I NEED to talk to! I have a badge with the exact same inscription on the rear as was on the thread. (Prussian WWI Pilot) What was the conclusion you reached about that badge?

Quote by ElColeccionista View Post
    Hey Steven M., your the man I NEED to talk to! I have a badge with the exact same inscription on the rear as was on the thread. (Prussian WWI Pilot) What was the conclusion you reached about that badge?
    Well, the last time he was on line was 5 years ago, so, you might be waiting for a while.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Cankiller
    ?

FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges

Bought this at auction, also seen it on eBay so fake as feck, however the quality is very good and it is made of silver which I had confirmed by local jeweller.

The "hallmarks" are crisp: crescent moon, crown, 800 G

Anyone else seen this one?

Default Another fake Godet badge?

I listed this badge under another thread, but decided to do it here as well. This is a good looking badge, but I assume is a 'nice' copy. Can anyone verify that for sure??? Many thanks!FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges

Quote by Johnny Reb View Post
    I listed this badge under another thread, but decided to do it here as well. This is a good looking badge, but I assume is a 'nice' copy. Can anyone verify that for sure??? Many thanks!FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight BadgesFAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges
    If I'm not very much mistaken, these are casting porosity holes, and that's a big no-no I'm afraid.

FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Even modern micro casting will still give itself away compared to an original and is of course a huge red flag.

I would love to have some Imperial German badges such as these in my collection but the number of obvious fakes makes me wonder if an original might be found as a needle in the proverbial haystack.

Just a thought but consider how many qualified pilots and aircrew there actually were in WWI versus the number in WWII

I think the major factor for me would have to be provenance.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

#30, did they ever put a road on the badges? as seen on the fakes?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6