Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Flying Legends Airshow at Duxford Cancelled For Good

Article about: Not really sure where to post this but this looks like a relevant place. In case anyone was unaware, IWM Duxford have confirmed that the Flying Legends Airshow will no longer take place at t

I think they’ll replace flying beauties with photographs and videos of.....errrrr......flying beauties..

...that’s what most museums seem to do.......YouTube-in-a-building.....

This from one of the Duxford curators on Twitter. Would seem that Duxford saw it as being too niche.

Flying Legends Airshow at Duxford Cancelled For Good

And that 'certain audience' is made up of people who visit Duxford to see the aircraft doing what they are supposed to do... fly!

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    This from one of the Duxford curators on Twitter. Would seem that Duxford saw it as being too niche.
    Is it me or does that sound like "the party line" and as such just a little thin? "IMO" this particular individual might need to flush out her headgear!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

...and vehicles aren’t war-y enough presumably......

....”Harry”...you’re so out of touch.....flying war planes at a war museum?......that’s ridiculous.

So they’re ditching the best display of flying war planes AND ditching the Land Warfare Museum......

...is it me.....????

It will probably end up like IWM North... a huge building with very little to see. And as Ade mentioned... video's on huge screens.

Several years ago I had to attend a special function at a pre-launch of a new war artist painting exhibition at IWM North with my eldest daughter to do a review for a local rag. The member of staff giving a guided walk and talk through the various paintings was talking the biggest load of bollocks I have ever heard in my life. My daughter was worried sick that I was going to tackle him in front of some notable dignitaries attending the event. How I managed to keep quiet I do not know.

Cheers,
    Steve

RAF West Malling, Scampton, Alconbury just to name a few..

Now Duxford is ear marked for the same list?

Always loved going to Duxford, great memories.

A couple of years ago, we saw the Spitfire squadron, 25+ Spitty's flying around. Fantastic.

These are being eroded now.

Well young lady, I don't give a damn about IYO, Duxford was always full..

Just hope some place can take over?

Well with Ms Charles at the helm, I guess you may as well brace yourselves for "Dinosaurs at Duxford".

Well, she says "a certain audience"???

That probably means: RAF Families, veterans of all ages, history buffs and the general public, to name a few.

That's basically you and me..

When Duxford is turned into a housing estate (probably), another piece of "our aviation history" is lost. Forever.

But, what the heck?

Some body is going to get a nice pay bonus for doing a hatchet job..

I wonder who that is?

Collectors and historian aren’t the “masses” sadly.

We don’t want Coffee Shops, retail outlets, Play areas, flashing images.......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast