Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese flyers leather "helmet"?

Article about: This one is beeing offered for sale but is it Japanese, WW2? What do you guys think? Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Japanese flyers leather "helmet"?

This one is beeing offered for sale but is it Japanese, WW2? What do you guys think?

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese flyers leather "helmet"?   Japanese flyers leather "helmet"?  

Japanese flyers leather "helmet"?  

?

Not any WW II design that I recognize. Cloth with bullion star is wrong for leather aviators cap + badly sewn to cap.
    Not Japanese military.

?

I thought that most if not all Japanese flying helmets had a fleece lining??

?

Hi Jan,
    I would agree with yourself and others comments. Looks like the Star has been tacked on to make it 'Japanese'.

Star has been added no doubt! But I would like to see more pics of inside.
    It could be japan made but not for aircraft as it for summer use of some sort?
    Buckle is not from ww2 era that I have seen.
    I still kind of like though for some reason! Here is a link to mine............ https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...i0tKsbLQ-Id2LQ.............

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Bump for thoughts on this other than the star ?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

I can't recall ever seeing a WWII era flying helmet with a cinch buckle on the chinstrap. Almost all have the regular tongue style buckles. And, as has been mentioned, the Japanese star(which looks to be original) has seemingly gotten sewn into place unofficially. A great majority of helmets of the era also used earphones in the cockpit, which this one doesn't have. So....an older piece,perhaps, from, say, the 1920's and utilized by the Japanese? Or simply an older helmet that's been monkeyed with for higher resale price?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."