Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Just a bit of a tease...

Article about: Quite excited by this acquisition! Managed to snag this a few days ago and will post a lot more pictures when it arrives. Titled: PRACTICAL FLYING, COMPLETE COURSE OF FLYING INSTRUCTION it i

Default Just a bit of a tease...

Quite excited by this acquisition! Managed to snag this a few days ago and will post a lot more pictures when it arrives. Titled: PRACTICAL FLYING, COMPLETE COURSE OF FLYING INSTRUCTION it is a First Edition dated 1918 and written by Flight-Commander W. G. McMINNIES R.N.A.S.

No photos contained within it - but numerous sketches.

Cheers
    Tim

Just a bit of a tease...Just a bit of a tease...

All what you need now, is the plane!!
    Must be a great read!
    ...."see-saw like a drunken man"...I like it all ready!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Ah - what I wouldn't give to have a plane Kris. Went to visit one of my Uncles yesterday. He used to own a Tiger Moth. He still has some instruments, flying helmets, etc, laying around as well as half a prop from both the Tiger Moth and earlier aircraft. He said I can have them, but I feel awkward about taking things like that -especially when I know the price they would bring.

Ultimately I would like to build some instrument panels of a couple of planes. The trouble is, the instruments are so danged expensive (notably the German ones) - if you can find them.

I have found a Bosch starter magneto that is currently very cheap - used for a lot of German aircraft - fingers crossed on that one.

Based on the current prices, I'm thinking it will probably end up being an American Instrument Panel - they seem to be the most prolific and consequently relatively cheap.

Cheers
    Tim

I'd love to have a leisurely read of that with a few cold beers!....

nothing like a few tinnies round the camp fire Gunny.