Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Memoirs of a Stuka Pilot - Hulmut Mahlke

Article about: This book is being advertised in various magazines and I thought some of you may be intertested... "After recounting his early days as a naval cadet, including a voyage to the Far East

Default Honor Goblet for Helmut Mahlke

I have the opportunity to buy Mahlke's Honor Goblet. This came about when I was contacted by a collector (name withheld) who has some documents for a Hauptmann Paul Claas. I have Claas' Honor Goblet and this person would like to naturally get Claas' Goblet to go with his documents. When I informed him that a trade could be considered if a replacement goblet could be located with the understanding that to match Claas' goblet with similar award, i.e. German Cross in Gold, a Knight's Cross award and the biggest factor, must have been a pilot. Mahlke fits the bill. Claas was a bomber pilot who was killed during the war and Mahlke was a Stuka Pilot. Sounds like a good tradeoff to me. Naturally, this collector must pay for the Mahlke goblet to consummate the trade. If this trade does go thru, I'll be posting pictures of the goblet sometime in the future.

Thanks for the bump. I had forgotten to order this book.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Sounds interesting.

I have Rudel's war diary (in book form, that is) - an interesting read, though he never recanted.

Quote by Scout View Post
    Sounds interesting.

I have Rudel's war diary (in book form, that is) - an interesting read, though he never recanted.
    I'm going to look out for this book!...
    Hey Scout i read Stuka Pilot by Hans Ulrich Rudel and it honestly bored me to death, is this the book you mean?....

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'm going to look out for this book!...
    Hey Scout i read Stuka Pilot by Hans Ulrich Rudel and it honestly bored me to death, is this the book you mean?....
    Gunny, bored to death you say - not a nice way to go!

The book is:
    Hans-Ulrich Rudel
    Mein Kriegstagebuch - aufzeichnungen eines Stukafliegers.

I found it interesting. Maybe you have to have read it in German to get the 'ambience,' LOL.

In order to read about Stuka pilots maybe one needs a 'crash' course in German (no pun intended)

Quote by Scout View Post
    Gunny, bored to death you say - not a nice way to go!

The book is:
    Hans-Ulrich Rudel
    Mein Kriegstagebuch - aufzeichnungen eines Stukafliegers.

I found it interesting. Maybe you have to have read it in German to get the 'ambience,' LOL.

In order to read about Stuka pilots maybe one needs a 'crash' course in German (no pun intended)
    Ah not the same book then, the one called "Stuka pilot" really was like pulling teeth, not sure if it was his writing style or the way it had been translated but i wouldn't recommend it unless you are having trouble sleeping!....

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Ah not the same book then, the one called "Stuka pilot" really was like pulling teeth, not sure if it was his writing style or the way it had been translated but i wouldn't recommend it unless you are having trouble sleeping!....:rolleyes:
    At the doctors consultation:

"Insomnia, you say? - Read two Rudel chapters and call me in the morning!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2