Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My New WW II Aviation Find

Article about: Several weeks ago I found a large lighted display case on my local Craigslist. When I went to buy it, the seller asked if I would have any interest in a piece owned by his Father-In-Law? I l

?

Default My New WW II Aviation Find

Several weeks ago I found a large lighted display case on my local Craigslist. When I went to buy it, the seller asked if I would have any interest in a piece owned by his Father-In-Law? I looked at it and tried to come across as Yeah, I might be interested, how much would it cost? He told me he'd have to check and would get back to me.

After a week of waiting, I got an e-mail, was given a price and without hesitation said YES!! I picked it up a few days later. Below are photos of my "New" 1943 dated, all complete, AN 6511-1 Seat Type Parachute made by Irving Air Chute Co.

My New WW II Aviation Find My New WW II Aviation Find

?

Thumbs up

Outstanding find!!!
    And you are now going to collect Flight gear, right?
    Does it still have the parachute in it?
    Sarge

?

I've had a bit of flight gear for quite a while, couple of WWII summer flight suits, flying helmet, throat mic, oxy mask. And yeah, parachute is packed and complete.

?

My plan is to display that flight gear with the chute in the display case I bought from that same seller. Case is large enough to also include my Officer's Class A uniform and Service hat.

You're going to need a mannequin soon... Time to start preparing your wife! ;-)

?

Quote by earlymb View Post
    You're going to need a mannequin soon... Time to start preparing your wife! ;-)
    Believe me, she has been prepared for years. I currently have close to a dozen 3/4 length mannequins, about a dozen upper torso mannequins and one full mannequin in my "Museum" (her words, not mine) displaying my RCAF uniform collection. In addition to the display case I just bought, I have two others displaying my RCAF peaked caps, flying helmets and goggles, my Enfield bayonets and various Brit, Canadian and US helmets. I'm converting an entertainment cabinet into a display case for my Luftwaffe Fliegerblouse, flying helmet, goggles and other bits. So no surprises here.

Newest display case

RCAF display case, second photo shows latest addition

A few of my displayed uniforms

Great displays!

?

The parachute is a prized pick up. You have some fantastic displays!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Fantastic collection, you just need a Dakota to jump out of now! Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Fantastic collection, you just need a Dakota to jump out of now! Leon.
    Actually, it's the type worn by American fighter pilots not paratrooper's. Oh yeah, thanks for the compliment. I've added quite a few pieces this past year with more to add and display.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast