Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Paton Mac Gilvary USAS

Article about: Here is a small grouping to Paton Mac Gilvary. Mac was sent to the 8th AIC in Foggia and did his primary training in the Caproni bomber. According to the written history of American fliers i

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Default Paton Mac Gilvary USAS

Here is a small grouping to Paton Mac Gilvary. Mac was sent to the 8th AIC in Foggia and did his primary training in the Caproni bomber. According to the written history of American fliers in Italy, Mac logged the most combat flight time in that theater. It is one of my favorites. Enjoy Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paton Mac Gilvary USAS   Paton Mac Gilvary USAS  

Paton Mac Gilvary USAS  

Skyspy12thaero
    ?

Default Re: Paton Mac Gilvary USAS

wing and ID booklet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paton Mac Gilvary USAS   Paton Mac Gilvary USAS  

Paton Mac Gilvary USAS  

Paul,

Another fabulous grouping. I myself am working toward something of this caliber!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Paul,

I love the winged signal staffs. Talk about a neat, rare item!

Paul,
    I know this post is really old, but I recently purchased Paton MacGilvary's uniform. I've conducted a good bit of research on him over the past few weeks and found that he had the most time flying combat missions (which you stated) out of all the American pilots who served with the Italians. MacGilvary was also one of the first graduates of the Air Service Cadet school in Foggia, Italy and joined the 14th Squadron in June 1918. In addition to his bombing missions, he was also credited with one aerial victory.

Paton Mac Gilvary USAS

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.