Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAAF Wallet with Japanese Business Cards BCOF

Article about: G'day all Thought to show you all this lot found in a pocket of a RAAF uniform group from the same officer (all WW2 period) F/Lt Proud He used to live across the road from a friend and appar

Default RAAF Wallet with Japanese Business Cards BCOF

G'day all

Thought to show you all this lot found in a pocket of a RAAF uniform group from the same officer (all WW2 period) F/Lt Proud
    He used to live across the road from a friend and apparently there was something seedy about him.
    I'll post the uniform group when I can get to them bit tricky for now. I have his RAAF summer & winter uniforms

Default Re: RAAF Wallet with Japanese Business Cards BCOF

Hmmmmm I agree there was something seedy about him what the heck?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by Eric Zentner View Post
    Hmmmmm I agree there was something seedy about him what the heck?

Eric
    Cheers Eric
    Looks like he was knocking around with some bigwigs over there Hmmmmmmm

I guess being the Assistant Provost Marshal in a region of occupied Japan one would be in contact with the legal fraternity at all levels.
    Japanese business men I feel would have liked to be his friend for sure.Wink wink
    Nice pick up Rene,looking forward to seeing the uniforms.
    Cheers mate

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    I guess being the Assistant Provost Marshal in a region of occupied Japan one would be in contact with the legal fraternity at all levels.
    Japanese business men I feel would have liked to be his friend for sure.Wink wink
    Nice pick up Rene,looking forward to seeing the uniforms.
    Cheers mate
    Cheers Dave
    I don't know allot about the history of the BCOF but I believe there was a considerable amount of corruption.

Rene, you're always scoring cool stuff! I enjoy your posts.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Cheers Dave
    I don't know allot about the history of the BCOF but I believe there was a considerable amount of corruption.
    The entire BCOF force totalled 45,000, from Britain, India, New Zealand, and Australia. About 16,000 Australians served in BCOF, including an infantry contingent of 4,700, base units consisting of 5,300, an air force wing of 2,200, and 130 from the Australian General Hospital. The Royal Australian Navy (RAN) also had a presence in the region as part of the British Pacific Fleet. For two-thirds of the period of occupation the Commonwealth was represented solely by Australians, and throughout its existence BCOF was always commanded by an Australian officer.
    Australia's role in BCOF
    The primary objective of BCOF was to enforce the terms of the unconditional surrender that had ended the war the previous September. The task of exercising military government over Japan was the responsibility of the United States forces. BCOF was required to maintain military control and to supervise the demilitarisation and disposal of the remnants of Japan's war-making capacity. To this end, Australian Army and RAAF personnel were involved in locating and securing military stores and installations. The Intelligence Sections of the Australian battalions were given targets to investigate by BCOF Headuarters, in the form of grid references for dumps of Japanese military equipment. Warlike materials were destroyed and other equipment was either retained by BCOF or returned to the Japanese. The destruction or conversion to civilian use of military equipment was carried out by Japanese civilians under Australian supervision. Regular patrols and road reconnaissances were initiated and carried out in the Australian area of responsibility as part of BCOF's general surveillance duties.
    Quoted AWM.At work Rene and went the quick option mate.

Yes mate corruption would have been at every level.I guess after being in conflict with a nation for a extended period of time at considerable loss the occupying force would be out to exploit their former enemy at every opportunity,Human nature at play I feel.
    FtLt Proud was in a golden position with regards to this being the law at the time.
    Cheers mate.

Ha, I did post one of his jackets here's one from my archive shots

Pic re post