MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Two Airboard and Technical Notes manuals - includes Spads, Sopwiths and Nieuport aircraft

Article about: Good Evening / Afternoon / Morning I thought I'd take the opportunity to share some things that arrived this week. Should have posted sooner, but had to buy a new printer/scanner. These two

Default Two Airboard and Technical Notes manuals - includes Spads, Sopwiths and Nieuport aircraft

Good Evening / Afternoon / Morning

I thought I'd take the opportunity to share some things that arrived this week. Should have posted sooner, but had to buy a new printer/scanner.

These two technical manuals were issued by the British Air Board, with one looking at the Rigging of the planes whilst the other looks at the engine componentry of a variety of aircraft. Neither of them are dated. They are made up of individual pages that are fastened with 'split pins'.

Both books are complete and very well preserved for their age and their intended use, but as you may imagine, they are quite fragile.

The Engine Notes is the smaller of the two and has quite a number of photos / sketches and cutaways contained within.

The Rigging Notes is incredibly detailed and has both sketches and photos. Of interest, in a number of places throughout the manual there are small pieces of paper glued in stating: 'The illustrations referred to in this text are in the course of preparation'. I assume that is one of the reasons for both manuals to have individual pages - so that they could be updated.

I've only I have taken three scans - so I apologise, but as I've intimated, I really don't want to open them up fully on a flat bed scanner and I had immense difficulty using a camera on them - so much so, I gave up in the end.

Cheers
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two Airboard and Technical Notes manuals - includes Spads, Sopwiths and Nieuport aircraft   Two Airboard and Technical Notes manuals - includes Spads, Sopwiths and Nieuport aircraft  

Two Airboard and Technical Notes manuals - includes Spads, Sopwiths and Nieuport aircraft  

Super nice manuals.
    Well done on those. You must be stoked

Absolutely! I was very fortunate to find them.

Cheers