Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with history

Article about: I go to the same flea market every Saturday. My picker who finds me my military items was late so I went to the next booth, he was closed too. I noted a sheet on something used as a table ho

Default USMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with history

I go to the same flea market every Saturday. My picker who finds me my military items was late so I went to the next booth, he was closed too. I noted a sheet on something used as a table holding dishes for sale. Underneath the sheet I saw the lower part of a military trunk. I looked and it was named to a USMC Lt who’s last name was the same as my cousins husband and his uncle with that last name Ericson was KIA as a Raider in USMC in 1942 or 1943. Later I bought the trunk from the other vendor for 15.00. No relationship to my family.
    However in researching this Ericson I got some hits! This trunk was used by William F Ericson a USMC Lt pilot of an F4u Corsair and in 1943 on a training mission out of Page Field he was lost in a crash and the other 3 aircraft with him lost him. It took awhile for the Navy to find his aircraft and when his mother found out he was missing she was unable to accept it.
    This was his personal trunk he used and the tags show it leaving Port Royale SC to Port Jervis back to his home.
    He had a younger brother who had a son in 1944 and he named his son after his uncle using the same name. That boy used the Lts trunk at YMCA camp and believe it or not the boy became a LT in the US Army and was KIA in Vietnam! Years later.
    The USMC Lts mom in the mean time kept having very vivid dreams her son was trying to contact her. She visited a psychic who helped her write a book through her deceased son, the details in the book were unknown as to his crash and loss of his mates in the fog. He described things only he would have known, and then described Heaven. I have an original copy of the book, “A boy who came home”.
    I contacted the only living family member, the widow of the US Army Lt nephew KIA Vietnam. She was amazed I found it and said she believed the Marines mother really was in contact with him. She said I should keep the trunk and maintain the memory of the 2 men. Till she died the Marines mom left her front porch light on for him. They left NY where they lived after the war moved to Connecticut and when she died they liquidated everything, all I got was the trunk.USMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with historyUSMC Lt killed in crash, trunk with history

MAP
    ?

Wow. Great research. Sad as well for that family.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)