Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Welcome to the Aviation Forum

Article about: Greetings to all members who read this posting. I would like to personally thank Ade and Dimas for creating this section. I am honored to have been asked to moderate the new forum and I am c

Arrow Welcome to the Aviation Forum

Greetings to all members who read this posting.

I would like to personally thank Ade and Dimas for creating this section. I am honored to have been asked to moderate the new forum and I am confident that we can make it both a successful and knowledge-filled section of this great forum. For those of you who do not know me, I have been collecting for over 20 years. I started out in TR, but moved on to my first love a few years ago - WWI aviation. Though I specialize in this period, I thoroughly enjoy reading about or seeing anything with wings on it. I have moderated other forums in the past, but I am sure that this will by far be the most enjoyable. I look forward to sharing my knowledge, but I am really anxious to learn even more from those who post here!

My hope is that in the creation of this forum, it will serve not only as a source of knowledge, but more importantly, that it will serve to honor the heroes long passed, and demonstrate respect for those heroes who are still in our midst.

Please feel free to contact me by PM or e-mail any time.

Keep the sun at your back, and the wind in your face...
    Last edited by Steven M; 11-29-2009 at 04:56 AM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Welcome to the Aviation Forum

Hello all! Well, after a long break, I'm back among the living. I have been through the worst of trials and tribulation over the past year that I have ever experienced in my life, but the good Lord brought me back from the depths of despair! I missed you guys!
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Welcome back....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Thank you Pete!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Good to meet you Steve.
    Looking forward to the contributions of yourself and others in this forum.
    WW2 aircraft are one of my interests and from what I can gather the interest of quite a few WRF members.
    Let's move on with some interesting post's re the world of military aviation.
    Cheers mate,
    Dave

?

Exclamation

I'm fairly new to this board.
    I have been an "Airplane Nut" since I first climbed into the front seat of a biplane in about 1940 at the age of 4.
    My next encounter with an airplane was to get into the cockpit of a P38 in a maintenance hanger in 1942. Been a P.38 fan ever since!
    When I joined the Navy in 1953 I went to a Corsair Sqdn, we had F4U-4s. I do dearly love that big bent wing bastard!
    And it just went on and on.
    I missed a chance to buy an ME 109G10-U4 in 1958 because I couldn't come up with the $$$.
    Still an "Airplane Nut" but the modern stuff doesn't do much for me!
    Sarge

Welcome to the forum!

It's always nice to see aviation veterans join

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Welcome sarge

so you say in your presentation on f4u (I do dearly love that big bent wing bastard!)
    I'd love to know about their strengths and weaknesses from the perspective of a man who pilot real one.
    not a same model of ww2 but.
    I am fond of simulators and I always get the zeros in the ass the only tactic I can use is the hit&run or boom&zoom really was so bad at combat turns?
    really comes in stall so fast in turns?
    etc etc etc

if you open a thread with first hand information?
    Jedem das Seine

?

Thumbs up

I was not a Corsair pilot, altho I have a private pilots lisc. I do have taxi time in the bird thou as we never towed the A/C anywhere except into & out of the hanger. If we had to bore sight the guns or check the compas we drove it down to the work area to do so. On 2 occasiona I had the bird going fast enuf on the taxi way to have the tail off the ground. IF the tower had seen me I would have been in Very Big trouble, fortunately they didn't!
    For some reason when we got Jets (F9F-6 Cougers) we never taxied them, always used a tow bar. To Bad!
    Later I transferred to a Patrol Sqdn and when they found out that I had a pilots lisc I got to fly the PB4Y-2 Privateer and P2V-5 Neptunes when we were on patrol or going cross country.
    Sarge

Hey Sarge - Would you happen to know the approximate
    date of these pics ? I'll try to take clearer ones.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Welcome to the Aviation Forum   Welcome to the Aviation Forum  

Welcome to the Aviation Forum  
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast