Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Awards and record card

Article about: Hi All, after doing some research i have come across a few things that don't add up. The record card doesn't contain certain awards etc. So, i really start to question how accurate were thes

Default Awards and record card

Hi All, after doing some research i have come across a few things that don't add up. The record card doesn't contain certain awards etc. So, i really start to question how accurate were these record cards and could it possible that a recipient would have more awards than actually on the record card?

Here is an example of a record card and victory over germany medal and doc. issued in 1945, but not on the record card which is dated Jan 5, 1948.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Awards and record card   Awards and record card  

Awards and record card  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Awards and record card
    P
    Many

?

I can not help you since I am far to be an expert about Soviet research but what I can tell you is that I came across same kind of anomaly when doing some researches.

In my case, a Lieutenant has been awarded a Red Banner in 1942 and the record card clearly mentionned an OGPW 1st class awarded on May 1945...but when I checked online on the podvignaroda website, there was no mention of this OGPW 1st class....?

Maybe some documentations have been lost due to the end of ware confusion ?

?

The record card was intended to record only serial numbered awards. Sometimes campaign medals were listed as well, but that would be just something 'extra'. It was not required. There's rarely a relation between the date the award documents for campaign medals were filled out and the date the record card was filled out.

Great, thank you for the insight!