Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Bravery Medal to a woman

Article about: I'm over the moon about being able to add this to my collection. It's on it's way from Matt at Sovietorders.com. Bravery Medal 214356. Awarded to the woman Sailor Alexandra Kirillovna Golomi

Default Bravery Medal to a woman

I'm over the moon about being able to add this to my collection. It's on it's way from Matt at Sovietorders.com. Bravery Medal 214356. Awarded to the woman Sailor Alexandra Kirillovna Golomidova (Александра Кирилловна Голомидова)
    Early WW2 Soviet Medal for Bravery numbered #214356
    “Red Navy sailor comrade Golomidova Alexandra Kirillovna, during the period of service as a combatant of the 5th squadron of the 2nd platoon of a working company from January 13, 1943, showed herself to be markedly disciplined, efficient, efficient and hardy.

For excellent work and mastering the disciplines of combat training, she has three commendations.

When enemy aviation attacked on May 28, 1943, and a bombing of high-explosive and ignition bombs occurred on the site, guarding comrade Golomidova, being a sentry at her post, showed courage and resourcefulness.

When three incendiary bombs were dropped, one of them onto a lumber pile and two onto wooden buildings on the territory of the keeper of chemical supplies, watchfully being on her observation post, she personally extinguished all three incendiary bombs, preventing a source of fire and saved the storage buildings and the property in them.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bravery Medal to a woman
    P
    Many

Congrats. It's a really nice medal with rather uncommon research results. She was only 20 years old when she decided to remove those bombs herself. She's really brave.
    I was tempted myself to buy this one but another purchase stopped me from doing so. Good to see it went to a good home

It will be held in high esteem in my collection. That's for sure.

Very nice indeed!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great to have here history too.
    Got a WWI British medal to a Belgian woman.
    It is by far, not my most valuable piece, but it is the item I like the most.
    Well done.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Here is the link , if interested;
    British War Medal for World War I issued to a Belgian
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Thank you all. I'm very pleased to have purchased it.

Nice addition Paul

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem