Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Defence of the Caucasus medal and document

Article about: Just added this nice set to my Soviet collection Nick

?

Her brother Leonid Sokirkin was a gunlayer in 1110 Rifle Regiment, 226 Rifle Division.
    MIA 13.Dec.1942 near village/khutor Astakhov, Rostov region.
    Apparently quite many MIA from 1000 RR on that day near Astakhov (I think 60-80 people).
    The division total loss on that day was about 184 KIA/MIA. The Germans counter attacked and recaptured the position on that day, and this must have had resulted in so many MIA reports.Defence of the Caucasus medal and document

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Defence of the Caucasus medal and document
    P
    Many

?

Some more staff on the events near Astakhov in Dec 1942, when Sokirkina's brother MIA.
    Defence of the Caucasus medal and documentDefence of the Caucasus medal and document

Thank you Egorka

I really appreciate you adding some history to this award !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Defence of the Caucasus medal and documentDefence of the Caucasus medal and documentDefence of the Caucasus medal and documentAnother Caucasus addition, this one a Variant 1 with the soldiers rifles

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Congrats Nick! A very nice early one with still an uncut connecting ring. Quite rare for this early "three-rifle" version, the earliest version of the Caucasus medal! (this medal used to be mine, Matt put it on his page for me ).

Thanks Marcel

Good to know it had a reputable owner, now in the safe hands of its British guardian

Nick

When I saw it show up on Mat's page, I somehow knew it would only be a matter of time before it would end up in a post here

It's a nice medal, has a good worn look while still having good details.

Quote by Thedutchjelle View Post
    When I saw it show up on Mat's page, I somehow knew it would only be a matter of time before it would end up in a post here
    Haha, quite some of his awards end up on this forum indeed
    This actual Caucasus was in fact posted before on the forum already, exactly two years ago to be precise

Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2