Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals

Article about: One of my goals is to get all first variation (and their sub-variations) campaign medals with their original suspension. The very first stamping of the Defense of the Caucasus medal with the

Default Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals

One of my goals is to get all first variation (and their sub-variations) campaign medals with their original suspension. The very first stamping of the Defense of the Caucasus medal with the three tankriding soldiers holding a rifle was a variation which was very hard to find....untill now. And luck was on my side since within less than two weeks time I did not find one but two medals of this very rare variant.
    Supposedly this is the very first stamping and due to wear/use the three rifles disappeared on the original cast and thus on later stampings making this "three-rifle" variant the hardest variant to find from the Caucasus medal.

Here are both my medals, one with unfortunately a replaced ribbon. But that is not really a reason to complain with such a variant

Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medalsDefense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals
    Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medalsDefense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals
    P
    Many

And as comparison my regular 1st variant medals, both the 'simple' version and the makermarked version (and both with the soldiers without their rifles):

Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 02-02-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Nice collection of variations Marcel! Is it known how many "three rifles" medals were produced?

As far as I know this is unknown. Due to the stamping the original cast/mold got worn out, making these rifles to disappear over time with more medals being stamped. So it is a gradual process.

Interesting. I was unaware of the rifle/no rifle variations.

?

Interesting. I was unaware of the rifle/no rifle variations.
    Me neither. Off to check the collection...

OK...I'm feeling a bit stupid right now..

I decided to check the only 'Caucasus' medal that I have with a magnifier today...
    Three rifles...!

A nice surprise for me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals   Defense of Caucasus - "three rifle" medals  

Haha, now that is a nice surprise Bjorn. Congrats

Dom
    ?

Nice

I have an example with the "Three Lines"

and another with the "Molniya mark" kolodka not easy to find .

Since I received yet another "three rife" I decided to sell this one shown below. If interested just send a pm.