Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Does this look legit?

Article about: Hi everyone, I was hoping to buy this Stalingrad medal and certificate, but as I’m generally a dagger man I’d thought I’d better get a professional opinion from the forum. Does it look

Default Does this look legit?

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to buy this Stalingrad medal and certificate, but as I’m generally a dagger man I’d thought I’d better get a professional opinion from the forum.
    Does it look like it’s legit?
    Thank you for your help.Does this look legit?Does this look legit?Does this look legit?Does this look legit?Does this look legit?Does this look legit?Does this look legit?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Does this look legit?
    P
    Many

Looks good to me. Nice document with a stamp from the 61st Rifle Regiment. Document is awarded to Guards sergeant Kuznetsov Vasiliy ... (last part I can't read on these pics on my phone unfortunately).

Thanks Marcel, appreciate it.

This is an early one, these are sometimes in the database and have the certificate number and this will give you an addtional level of confidence, I have a few that this is found.

Here, with a little bit of work I think this is him.
    Full Name Кузнецов Василий Леонтьевич or Kuznetsov Vasily Leontievich
    The pictures are not the best, but it does appear that the certificate is issued 236 Guards. sp 74 guards. sd (written text at the bottom that intersects the circular stamp)
    but the circular stamp appears to have not yet caught up to the reformation of the unit as it shows (I'm guessing here) 61st Infantry Regiment (of the 74th Guards Rifle Division)
    Three time awarding of the Combat Services (all action awards not long service as he wasn't in the army until 1941 and all were awarded before the end of the war.
    Red star award too.
    He is also a 'Stalingrad to Berlin' veteran as he holds both medals.
    The old database is down, and I have better luck finding campaign listings in that one, but I do not see it in this one.

Date of Birth __.__.1914 Place of Birth Moscow region, Moscow Place of call Leningradsky RVC, Moscow region, Moscow, Leningradsky district Call date __.07.1941 Military rank ml. lieutenant int. sl. ; guards sergeant ; guards foreman ; guards sergeant | ml. lieutenant Military unit 240th Guards Rifle Regiment, 74th Guards Rifle Division
    8th Guards Army
    236th Guards Rifle Regiment, 74th Guards Rifle Division Awards Medal "For Military Merit" (2)
    Order of the Red Star
    Medal "For Military Merit"
    Medal "For the Defense of Stalingrad"
    Medal "For the Capture of Berlin"
    Medal "For the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945"

Thank you very much for that, much appreciated.