Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Full Cavalier of Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich Madzhar

Article about: Time to bring some life back into the Soviet part of this forum Recently I managed to bring back together the awards of Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich Madzhar. Thank

Default Full Cavalier of Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich Madzhar

Time to bring some life back into the Soviet part of this forum

Recently I managed to bring back together the awards of Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich Madzhar. Thanks a lot to Matt from Sovietawards.com for the assistance in getting me in touch with the other collector and for the other help throughout this deal.
    I already had the Glory 1st class in my possession from Vladimir. It's a first variant Glory 1st class, serial # 1078. This Glory was awarded for the following:

"On March 22, 1945, during the fighting near the village of Kunzendorf, he served as the commander of an artillery piece. In spite of heavy enemy rifle and machine-gun fire he fought alongside the infantry. He spotted 2 enemy machine guns, suppressed them, and fought off an enemy attack, killing as many as 20 soldiers in the process. He took an officer prisoner and killed 2 Germans with his personal weapon. In doing so he displayed bravery and courage.

He deserves to be awarded the Order of Glory, 1st Class.

Commanding officer of the 115th Independent Antitank Battalion
    Major [signed] /Inozemtsev/
    March 25, 1945"

Full Cavalier of Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich MadzharFull Cavalier of Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich Madzhar

Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich Madzhar:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Full Cavalier of Order of Glory Vladimir Romanovich Madzhar
    P
    Many

After about a year I found out who had the other awards from Vladimir. They turned out to be in the US, originally bought in Germany in the early 90's on a market with some military antiques and Soviet awards. From there on it was my mission to reunite this grouping again, the way it should be, united as one grouping from one brave individual. I am very happy the other collector was willing to cooperate and we managed to close the deal. Now, after many decades these awards are reunited, back together as when they were proudly worn by Vladimir.

The Glory 3rd class was awarded for:

"On January 20, 1944, commanding his gun crew during the fighting near Michałówka and providing fire support for the operations of the 296th Rifle Regiment’s 3rd Battalion, he and his gun destroyed 2 machine guns along with their crews and in direct fire mode suppressed the fire of an artillery piece.

He deserves to be awarded the Order of Glory, 3rd Class.

January 21, 1945"

The Glory 2nd class was awarded for:

"Commanding his gun, he fought off three enemy infantry counterattacks in direct fire mode, killing as many as 50 soldiers in the process. He engaged an enemy tank from a distance of 200 meters. He exhibited bravery and courage.

He deserves to be awarded the Order of Glory, 2nd Class.

February 1, 1945"

Reunited at last after being seperated for many decades.

As being a Full Cavalier of the Order of Glory a lot can be found online about Vladimir. Here's a few interesting ones.

Полный кавалер ордена Славы Маджар Владимир Романович :: Герои страны

Маджар Владимир Романович :: Память народа

Маджар, Владимир Романович — Википедия

I have to say I am glad and proud to have a full Glory Cavalier set and it brings great satisfaction to be able to reunite these awards after such a long time, bringing back the full glory of a wartime hero!!!

Well done Marcel, fantastic to see a grouping reunited.
    Out of curiosity, how did you find out who had the rest of the grouping? and is this the first time you've reunited some awards?

Marcel,

Congratulations on reuniting the group. Absolutely fantastic! Like Leaftree, I would enjoy hearing your story on how you reunited the group. I always find it fascinating how hard work, dedication and a little luck end up reuniting groups.

It's Veteran's Day here in the U.S.A. I want to say... Thanks to all veterans who have served their respective country.

Gerry C

From the High Plains of the cool Midwest U.S.A.

It was in fact Matt from Sovietawards.com who has a big network of collectors and he was once contacted by this guy in the US who noticed the Glory 1st class on Matt's webshop. At that stage the guy in the US didn't want to sell his awards to Matt but he also didn't want to buy the Glory 1st class either. A long time later, and roundabout a year after I bought the Glory 1st class Matt remembered the US collector and forwarded me the contact info and I gave it a try to see if he now was interested in selling his awards so the grouping could be reunited again. And it worked out. So it takes a lot of luck and the will from all involved to reunite a grouping like this. If it wasn't for Matt I would've never managed to find the guy in the US who had Vladimi's other awards. And my reasons for reuniting the group were enough for him to sell these to me, which he initially didn't want, prior to when I bought the Glory 1st class.

So sometimes all we need is a lot of luck and some patience

Btw Leaftree, it is not the first time I reunited a grouping. I know of a Ukrainian seller who likes to split up groupings and I had to buy several small lots from him over two years time to gather the awards together again. Costly, but that is how some sellers operate unfortunately.

Simply Fantastic.

Dom
    ?

Very nice
    Congratulations

Marcel,

Thanks for sharing the background on how you reunited your grouping. Fantastic group and great story!

Gerry C.

From the High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.