MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Guards Badge price inflation

Article about: Is it just me or have wartime guards badges essentially doubled in price over the last 18 months?

Quote by Gerry C View Post
    Marcel,

Sorry, probably read more into the post than necessary. Just read a spirit of questioning why orders and guards badges were increasing in value. For me gave an air of speculation over future availability and prices. Whatever the case just glad I started collecting Soviet items when I did.

Gerry C.
    Sorry, I misunderstood.

I actually expect these badges and awards to be available for many years more. The veterans are all leaving this world and families don't care anymore about grandfather or great-grandfathers awards. So these will be dropped on the market for many more years to come. No doubts about that. What prices will do is hard to say. I didn't expect this increasing of prices so fast and so high for the very common badges and awards. That makes me also glad to have started when I did

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Guards Badge price inflation
    P
    Many

I don't even want to imagine what kind of items were lost due to that!

For me, all this stimulus has indeed resulted in significant inflation on things folks buy with disposable income.....I think that is part of the story. I have ~100 guards badges. THere areas many available now on ebay as there was in the last 5 years, just at 2x the price.

I'm wondering if the push of patriotism in Russia over the past decade has increased the interest in their military history bringing about more middle income collectors to the market.

Quote by Leaftree View Post
    I'm wondering if the push of patriotism in Russia over the past decade has increased the interest in their military history bringing about more middle income collectors to the market.
    That is a pretty good point, I've certainly noticed Soviet/Combloc being more popular over here in the U.S, Especially Eastern bloc.

Valid pont Leaftree. I heard that there are many Russian collectors nowadays with deep pockets who buy lots and lots of awards, all to bring these back home to the Motherland where these belong. And with an interest from wealthy collectors automatically prices go up.

Prince inflation is everywhere. Just have a look at houses, second hand cars, watches, and of course militaria.
    Try to find a decent German helmet for under € 1000. Iron Crosses are € 125 - € 150 etc., so I'm not suprised that it effects the Soviet militaria as well.
    It's just the people sitting at home, nowhere to go, and a lot of money too spent. The dealers take profit from this by setting new price standards. I think and hope it will correct a bit when we are 'back to normal'.

They do seem to be getting higher in price. Even more, there are less war-time guards badges on the market.

The last part I disagree with. There are still many, many wartime Guards badges on the market. All offered on a very regular basis. But as talked about in this thread; they are more expensive nowadays.

Just My opinion as I dont collect these types of items ...I feel the prices should only rise a little due to the lack of availability or rarity...and should not rise due to the current costs of inflation..which some dealers are taking advantage of.

These artifacts we collect should have nothing to due with todays current commodities of daily living necessity. Yet there are some dealers still crying poor. Just my thoughts Gents.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast