Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Guards Badge price inflation

Article about: Is it just me or have wartime guards badges essentially doubled in price over the last 18 months?

I agree, the new normal will be higher than it was pre-Covid though a bit lower than during the lock-downs.
    BUT, and I say this in capital letters, BUT, when looking around good and with patience the "normal" priced items are still out there and there are sellers who did not follow the price increase madness. But it takes just a bit more time and luck.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Guards Badge price inflation
    P
    Many

There were a number of guards badges put up on e b a y today...all at VERY high prices for what they are.
    All the wartime ones have damage of some sort and, while it may be the camera, all the nuts look like they are cast copies, not originals.

Can you show some links please?

No links, but I"m suspicious of all the nuts on these....I have seen all of them appear on guards badges, but these all appear to be reproductions. and if you look close, they look to be the same copies on several of them. It COULD be the poor pictures.

- - ------- - -

and this one...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Guards Badge price inflation   Guards Badge price inflation  

Guards Badge price inflation   Guards Badge price inflation  

And these as well

- - ------- - -

And this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Guards Badge price inflation   Guards Badge price inflation  

and these

- - ------- - -

And this one

These too

Thanks for posting these. I am not sure about the nuts, didn't really knew these were faked untill a thread was posted here last year of the year before. The badges are all nice originals.

I agree, the badges appear to be original, rising prices notwithstanding.

Interestingly, to me anyway, the last two nuts would be for the People's Commissariat of Communication Routes of the Soviet Union (railroad) badges, i. e. НКПС = Народный Комиссариат Путей Сообщения.

Indeed the badges are all original wartime badges, but each appears to have a repro nut and damage.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast