Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help in authenticity of Patriotic War medal

Article about: It would be greatly appreciated if I can get some thoughts on this Order of the Patriotic War Medal and it’s authenticity. Thanks.

?

Default Help in authenticity of Patriotic War medal

It would be greatly appreciated if I can get some thoughts on this Order of the Patriotic War Medal and it’s authenticity. Thanks.

Help in authenticity of Patriotic War medalHelp in authenticity of Patriotic War medalHelp in authenticity of Patriotic War medalHelp in authenticity of Patriotic War medalHelp in authenticity of Patriotic War medalHelp in authenticity of Patriotic War medal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help in authenticity of Patriotic War medal
    P
    Many

It's an authentic 1985 issue, OPW 2nd class.

It's an original award, and NOT a 1985 issue as stated above. At home I can check which maker and possible date of awarding. Will get back later this evening.

?

Thanks. Appreciate it.

It's a Moskow Mint made order. I know that # 891046 is posthumously awarded on April 2 1945 but also here, only research will give the exact date of awarding. It is certain for WW2 period actions though!

?

Thanks for the info!
    FYI. I will be posting a few more Soviet medals. Please be on the lookout and you opinion and thoughts.

?

Help in authenticity of Patriotic War medalHelp in authenticity of Patriotic War medalHelp in authenticity of Patriotic War medalI would like to post some of the findings in researching this medal through sovietorders.com. Matt was very helpful and highly recommend his help in researching and translating these awards.

Matt is indeed an excellent help in this! And nice to have this one researched. To some not the most interesting or spectacular research but I think those responsable for food were in fact very important. Soldiers can't fight on empty stomachs for long, can they? Also nice to have the photo of the awardee with it. Always makes it all the more interesting.

?

Yes. Very nice! Thanks. Thanks to Matt.
    He also researched another Order of the Red Star for me. I think I will post it. It was very interesting also.

Very nice award! Apologies for the previous comment, should've looked at the photos in more detail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast