Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hero of Soviet Union

Article about: Hi I have a chance to get one of the Hero of Soviet Union. I have see and gold test the medal already which is 22k+ and the weight is in the right range the owner get this order from a reput

PapaStalin1943, in those museums they also have replica's. The original ones are hidden in a vault

I stay with my previous opinion after comparing this one to many known originals online last night. The hole in the suspension for the connecting ring is not correct so it's either a bad replacement of suspension or the whole thing is bad. And that is impossible to say with these photos.
    Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 02-13-2020 at 08:46 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hero of Soviet Union
    P
    Many

?

let me try to get some good pic for it this week
    Thanks for help out

Hello,

Медаль "ЗОЛОТАЯ ЗВЕЗДА" - 1

Try to compare to this, type 2, at least to have a general idea. Personally, I would never touch one of these without proper study and a lot of serious advices.

Also, in the same page I linked, "...Номер выполнен штампованными цифрами высотой 1,75 мм...", i.e. "The number is made by stamped numbers with a height of 1.75 mm" ;D

Best regards
    Gabriele

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    PapaStalin1943, in those museums they also have replica's. The original ones are hidden in a vault
    In the Museum of the Great Patriotic War in Moscow, you can see some actual HSU examples. I, for one, have seen a HSU type 1 on display. Nobody would dare to try and steal it, because of the museum grandma ‘guards’ that yell at you when you get to close/take a picture of something

Honestly I should have worded this better, unlikely that this is real.

No, that is why I state that i'm not an expert. I'm simply basing them off of pictures from the internet, so yes, my prediction is that this award, is probably not real.

The Hero Medal is awarded to Georgy Feodorovich Platonov, Commander of the Squadron of the 62nd Guards Cavalry Polka, 16th Guards Chernihiv Cavalry Division, 7th Guards Cavalry Corps (1st Belorussian Front), and Guards Captain. He still lives in Saratov, Russia.
    Source: Герой Советского Союза Платонов Георгий Федорович :: Герои страны

The Secondary medal is Awarded to Timofey Petrovich Vasil'yev, Commander of the 3rd Rifle Company, 311st Rifle Polka, 65th Novgorod Red-Banner, Order of the 2nd Suvorov, Rifle Division, 14th Army of the Karelian Front, Junior Sergeant. He passed away in 2004.
    Source: Герой Советского Союза Васильев Тимофей Петрович :: Герои страны

Nice information....but when the Gold Star is fake this information doesn't really matter. The first thing, in my humble opinion, is to determine if the Gold Star is original or not. And so far, no better pics have been provided in these past two months. Doubtful photos from high-end items is always a reason to be cautious.

Of course, the recipient of the medal he is asking about is still living, according to the website, so it is most likely that the medal may be a reproduction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2