Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?

Article about: Hi what are your thoughts on this medal if original what would be the value thank you for your time and help Tony

?

Default Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?

Hi
    what are your thoughts on this medal
    if original what would be the value
    thank you for your time and help
    Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?   Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?  

Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?   Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?  

Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?   Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?
    P
    Many

Default re: Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?

Hello,

Very very bad copy.
    Value 5 usd.

?

A very poor copy indeed.

Quote by Soljenitsyne View Post
    Very very bad copy.
    Quote by Auke View Post
    A very poor copy indeed.
    One of the worst I have ever seen. I hope you were not lead to purchase this as an authentic example.

Authentic example courtesy of an associate:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?   Hero of the Soviet Union Gold Star Medal?  

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

sladest
    ?

This one is the fake, you can see it with the naked eye. I recently purchased the set of awards including "hero of the SU" russian awards | eBay
    ebay # 291926301430
    I became a little suspicious about seller, what do you guys think? Real or fake? Any input highly appreciated.
    P.S. Sorry I am new and don't see how to post new thread... That's why replying to existing one.

?

Sorry, I don't like several aspects of this group.

First, the serial number of Krutov's Order of Lenin was 15653, so this Lenin (#30480) - although an original piece - obviously doesn't belong here.

Second, I really don't like the entries in the WW2-era booklet. This style wasn't used during WW2. The fact that this booklet lists a wrong Order of Lenin only reinforces my suspicions.

Third, HSUs were generally given their booklet shortly after they were awarded their Gold Star Medal and Order of Lenin. The OPW2 should have been entered at a later date, but judging from the ink it was obviously entered at the same time.

Fourth, privileges always went into effect on the first day of the month following the award date, so in this case it should have been November 1, 1943, but what we see here is the award date, October 26, 1943.

My opinion: I think the orders and medals themselves are original, but don't belong together. All booklets have bogus entries. I have seen that photo roaming around eBay before, so my guess is the forger bought it and 'built' this group around it.
    Last edited by Auke; 07-15-2017 at 03:08 PM.

?

You should google the sellers name as a first step......(look at all language too)
    You should also look at the other items the person is selling and think.
    Then look for perhaps other sellers who use same color 'background' ?

sladest
    ?

Thank you Auke! Very informative! Is the information about mr. Krutov's order of Lenin serial number available online (I couldn't find it) or you have russian book "Heros of the SU"? Once again Spasibo.

- - ------- - -

Thank you! I will.

?

The info is from Vorobyov en Yefimov's HSU book.

?

Quote by B618aa View Post
    You should google the sellers name as a first step......(look at all language too)
    You should also look at the other items the person is selling and think.
    Then look for perhaps other sellers who use same color 'background' ?

Perhaps I was to muddy, let me be more clear.
    Every item this person lists raises questions for me and I suspect they have more than one account they sell under, those other accounts and the items also raise questions for me.
    by the way, the guards badge in the set is also most likely not the one in the picture (from a different shape )