Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

MIG 21 Decorative Model

Article about: I've found this MIG-21 'inspired' decorative model in a small souvenir shop in a former Soviet Republic. I think it might make quite a talking point in our dining room ... It seems to be pur

Question MIG Fighter Jet Decorative Model

I've found this MIG-21 'inspired' decorative model in a small souvenir shop in a former Soviet Republic. It's not my usual area of collecting, but I think it might make quite a talking point in our dining room ...

MIG 21 Decorative Model

It seems to be purely a decorative piece. The jet (removable - at least it is now) seems to be made of some sort of metal with a chrome plating, the 'stand' is perspex (or similar) & more chromed pieces... but beyond that, there are no obvious markings & I can't find anything similar from a few Google searches. Can anyone tell me anything about such items? I imagine it would be some type of presentation piece, but anyone know it to be for a particular reason? Age?

Any thoughts very much appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement MIG 21 Decorative Model
    P
    Many

I like it, no idea about it! the shop it's self looks like a great talking point too!

I've seen many similar items in Russia in the tourist shops who also have sections of late Soviet military items for sale. These also remind me to some of the Soviet monuments which display the greatness of the Red Army. I really like such items as display pieces

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I've seen many similar items in Russia in the tourist shops who also have sections of late Soviet military items for sale. These also remind me to some of the Soviet monuments which display the greatness of the Red Army. I really like such items as display pieces
    Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I like it, no idea about it! the shop it's self looks like a great talking point too!
    Both your descriptions about the shop (& another, literally around the corner) are exactly right

I've already bought a couple of smaller, old Soviet things (& the shop keeper threw in the fridge magnet for free)

MIG 21 Decorative Model
    I may have slightly given away the location but, hopefully, there won't be too many collectors in a position to beat me to a purchase

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    These also remind me to some of the Soviet monuments which display the greatness of the Red Army.
    I've been fortunate to see a few now, with the piece above being something like a combination of these two:

MIG 21 Decorative Model

MIG 21 Decorative Model

... maybe there could well be a real version of it out there!