Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New Medals

Article about: Hi i would like some opinions on my latest addition to my small collection Its my first order of the red banner. I think they are nice originals. Maybe someone could translate the paperwork

Ivan Vasilievich Matveev had the rank of a junior sergeant (младшии сержант) and he was a machine gun commander, which was part of the 2nd Machine Gun Company, 296th Rifle Regiment, 13th Rifle Division, 1st Ukrainian Front.
    On January 19, 1945 he found himself with his machine gun in the vicinity of the village of Michałówka in south-eastern Poland, close to the border with Ukraine.
    His award list (наградной лист) states why he was awarded with the Order of glory 3rd class; Подвиг народа .

"Comrade Matveev on 19.01.45 in the area of Michałówka in Poland, he fired without interruption with his own machine gun at the enemy fire positions, allowing an infantry unit to overcome the enemy barbed wire fences and trenches.
    When repelling a counterattack from the enemy, comrade Matveev dispersed an enemy infantry platoon with a heavy machine gun. During the fight, he destroyed two enemy firing positions and 10 enemy soldiers.

Suitable for the state award Order of glory 3rd class."

The document is signed by the commander of the 13th rifle division, guards major general Aleksandrov on January 21, 1945.
    Last edited by Asjemenou; 09-24-2020 at 08:11 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Medals
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the translation I am very grateful.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2