Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New purchse

Article about: I just purchased this from Medals Market, and it's on it's way to me. Can anyone help with the last name? Anna Alexonovna Nikeltina?

Does anyone have an idea what division the 864th Reserve Artillery Regiment served in? I'm having no luck with google.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New purchse
    P
    Many

The number of this medal falls within the range of medals for Combat Service awarded in 1942: 22413 – 93463.

Default Google translate...

Does anyone have an idea what division the 864th Reserve Artillery Regiment served in? I'm having no luck with google.

On a cursory look, I think it belonged to the 37th Army, 3rd Ukrainian front:
    806-й самоходно-артиллерийский полк

So the way I research units:
    Take the unit name in english, put it into google translate and get the Russian translation.
    I then take the Russian translation and plug it into 'Yandex.ru'
    take the pages that come up, copy paste into google translate, Russian into English and presto...a whole new world of info comes up.

Regards,

Thank you Leaftree.

For me, this is not a reserve artillery regiment, but 864 anti-aircraft artillery regiment...

864 anti-aircraft artilleryregiment was part of the Moscow air defense front in 1942. And then I was very confused, for what services she could get this medal at the end of 1942 in the reserve regiment, when the Red army was awarded not so often...

I see the link I posted is wrong and for whatever reason I cannot correct it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2