Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

OPW II Serial number matching the reverse?

Article about: Hi guys, sorry for the bad photos. Am I correct in thinking that the reverse of this order is not correct for this serial #542363? The example for this serial number range on the Mondvor web

?

Default OPW II Serial number matching the reverse?

Hi guys, sorry for the bad photos. Am I correct in thinking that the reverse of this order is not correct for this serial #542363? The example for this serial number range on the Mondvor website has a much flatter back with no star counter-relief (starback) Once again many thanks for your help! David.

OPW II Serial number matching the reverse?OPW II Serial number matching the reverse?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OPW II Serial number matching the reverse?
    P
    Many

Good question. It's supposed to be a Krasnokamsk Mint order and should indeed not have a 'starback' but rather a flat black or being 'concave'. See: http://www.odysseus1.freeyellow.com/odysseus/pw2.htm

Apart from that the order looks good. The engraving also looks like it suits the other engravings from this serial # range. Could it perhaps be that the mint used on older, previously made order? The previous made stock from the KMD was only 2-3 months prior to this run and with that previous run they made 'starback' orders. So my best guess would be they've been using older stock. Pretty sure such anomalies did happen.

?

Thanks Marcel! I think you’re right. The KMD mint using an older previously made order seems like the most likely explanation.

Default OPWII similar...

I have one in the similar range that has the same characteristics #519844.

I was trying to post pictures of it but for some reason they won't upload to the site (it's been like that for some time now that I think about it, but considering the site doesn't even use HTTPS yet I'm not surprised)