Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Order of Glory 2 46,122

Article about: Hi All, Since seeing the previous post about order of lenin from medalsmarket, i decided to post this order of glory 2 #46,122 which i got from there as well. (Sending it back now) After clo

Default Order of Glory 2 46,122

Hi All,

Since seeing the previous post about order of lenin from medalsmarket, i decided to post this order of glory 2 #46,122 which i got from there as well. (Sending it back now)
    After closer look it is a painted order of glory 3rd.

I though medalsmarket was a reputable dealer, but i have looked on their website and they have similar order of glory 2 that are 3rd class painted "gold".

Now i'm just doubting the higher value orders they got on there. I'm not a promoter, but i'd rather stick with Matt. No shenanigan's like this.

Order of Glory 2 46,122

Order of Glory 2 46,122

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory 2 46,122
    P
    Many

For this serial number range I would expect a different obverse with different details. The first thing noticable is the flat clock where it should be well distinguished with the time at 9:00. Of course there are always anomalies within Soviet awards.
    It is also remarkable that only recently I came across this 2nd class which turned out to be a slightly altered 3rd class to make it look like 2nd class (same style as yours).

Орден Славы 2 ст. № 49621 - Орден Славы - SAMMLER.RU

To me this is also a 3rd class painted to make it look a 2nd class.
    Furthermore I have to agree regarding Medalsmarket. They have many good awards (also good high end awards) but also quite some dubious and questionable items (check out the Suvorov 3rd class # 8716 for example).

That said, I still believe the Lenin shown earlier was a good one, only ruined by the suspicions of our colleague forum member who was not open for well educated opinions, even from experts like on another forum where it was explained it was a good Lenin and why the gold content could be different.

Initially i didnt pay much attention to it. I asked to get this researched, but it came back with nothing, plus the range of the award is questionable, i think they were never issued in this 46xxx range, at least i didnt see any out there. Plus the tower is not separated from the ribbon, but is attached to it. Sent it back.

I agree, i was looking at that Suvorov because it was that cheap, but the quality of it doesn't look right.

Yea, I too think the Lenin was a good one too (not sure why someone would do 20K gold fake lenin), how much do they get out of that?

Good evening, gentlemen!
    That was my post on Sammler. That was my 2nd time having painted 3rd in hand. First one was quite crude.
    You may check Glory's detail using this resource with major variations:
    ОРДЕНА И МЕДАЛИ СССР
    Good luck collecting!