Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Issue - 1st Class or 2nd Class with Patina?

Article about: Hi Guys Would anybody with a more experienced eye be able to advise me on this? I am hoping to try and acquire another OPW 1st Class (1985 issue as wartime ones are well out of my price rang

Default Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Issue - 1st Class or 2nd Class with Patina?

Hi Guys

Would anybody with a more experienced eye be able to advise me on this? I am hoping to try and acquire another OPW 1st Class (1985 issue as wartime ones are well out of my price range unfortunately) but am struggling to distinguish between 1st Class and 2nd Class. I know that up to the serial number 2,487,098 1st Class awards were issued (and up to 6,688,497 for 2nd Class) so on that basis this one would qualify. I'm just not sure whether this is gold as I would expect it to be, or just silver and tinged slightly with age? Or is anybody able to advise me of any possible distinctions to look out for in general?

I have found one possibly for sale let me know what you think. First two pictures are the one I am considering buying, serial number: 1753238 which is within the correct serial number range, and the second two are a listing currently online for a 2nd Class award but which looks almost more gold than silver serial number: 5828533 which means it would have to be a 2nd class as above surely?

Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Issue - 1st Class or 2nd Class with Patina?Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Issue - 1st Class or 2nd Class with Patina?

Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Issue - 1st Class or 2nd Class with Patina?Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Issue - 1st Class or 2nd Class with Patina?

Also to be clear the seller isn't trying any funny business, its just being sold as a OPW medal so I was trying to make the distinction myself.

Thanks in advance for any assistance
    Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Great Patriotic War 1985 Issue - 1st Class or 2nd Class with Patina?
    P
    Many

All pics don't show the natural colors good but based on these pics I'd say both are 2nd class awards.

As I suspected then, I will keep looking for a decent 1st class example! Hopefully one will show up.

Thank you kindly for your reply.

Seller Hedesso on ebay has a few nice ones including documents. He's very reliable with great service.